AM, 458 16, 2018

Text Size

Walking Daily in the Temple

Welcome to walking daily in the temple. This is your opportunity to further discuss and learn from today's message. The Bible commands us to "rightly divide the Word of truth." (2 Tim. 2:15) It also says "iron sharpens iron." (Proverbs 27:17) Through discussion of the Word we can better understand it therefore, allow it to truly become life in our life. Why not become a registered user and join the discussion forum.

Rev Connie gave us a lot to chew on! Let's discuss it!

1. Epiphany Discuss this.

2. Is the Epiphany a daily thing?

3. Reality? What does this mean?

4. 5778 Are you seeking the law?

5. The Books are open are you writing your new book.

6. It will be an emotional year explain

7. What is the fence seperating

8. Reality, Virtual reality explain

9. Changing the way we do business is that important?

10. Discuss adaptive behavior

11. How does dissolving dead works involve you?

12 How do you turn on the light!

13 Are we a "Live Church" ?

14 This place is far from over!

There was so much more in this powerful message!

Let's hear what stood out to you!
Responses (11)
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, January 08 2018, 06:30 PM - #Permalink
    Things have been changing in my life, quite quickly, where I am learning just how much I have not learned but only have knowledge of (it's not life in my life) and any excuses I have had are being eliminated so that all is left is the knowing that evangelism is #1 priority no matter what. It's been eye opening to say the least, to look at myself honestly and realize I'm not where I thought I was and to need to change more than I realized before.

There were so many things Rev. Connie reminded us about that I know I haven't had that "sudden insight or epiphany" about. It causes me to stand back and wonder what is keeping me from seeing all this Word being "reality instead of virtual" in my life. There was so much, yet the one thing that got me right to my core is the Word she almost wasn't going to give. "This is far from over".....I have not believed that it was over for BAM; I have been so convinced that God is at work in BAM and through BAM to reach the people of the City, yet I had been getting to the point where I was nearly convinced that God was done with me.

When being hit with the realization that I am taking so long to learn some things that really are needed now (like evangelism being life in my life) and not knowing why its taking so long when I am desperately wanting it to be life in me; I came to start to wonder if God was tired of waiting for me to finally get over me and anything else that has been keeping me from learning and just decide that He is done with me. It has felt like everybody is pretty much done with me (and of course I have felt very emotional about it all!!) and all I could think is "Please don't give up on me! I'm trying, I am trying to let the Word become life in me". So when Rev. Connie said that God said, "This is far from over. You haven't seen the last of Me", it gave me hope again. God knows exactly how long it takes me to learn something and what it takes for me to learn and He is not done with me because He knows that my heart really is for this City and those who are lost. The beautiful thing is that He told us all, so anyone who has been feeling like its over, whether for themself or for BAM as a whole, we all were encouraged.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, January 08 2018, 08:06 PM - #Permalink
    My biggest epiphany from this message was this, I need to tap into the heart of God and His Word to truly understand His heart behind each decision He made with mankind, whether they are His child or an unbeliever. I realized I am quick to judge when people say no to my testimony about what God has done or I "tell" them what God's Word says. It is great to know scripture but it is even better to truly have it operating in my life because I know what God says about it. I realized I can regurgitate a lot of scripture and have some basic understanding of the scripture but to truly have God's heart on it is another depth I realized I need to tap into quickly.
    Regarding evangelism: God's heart is that none shall perish but all come to repentance. I know this scripture: 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" but I realized I do not have God's heart towards mankind. If I did, then I would be truly preaching the gospel to every creature that I come into contact with.
    When students are going through law school, they study the law and cases involving decisions about that law. The reason they do that is the students gain a deeper understanding why a judge or judges ruled a specific way. Do I study the Word of God that way, after 14 years I realized I need to do that so I can explain to people correctly on issues facing them today?
    Regarding evangelism, I just gained a deeper revelation that when one of His created beings, whom He created for His good pleasure, does not repent, He has to send to hell. WOW! As a dad and grandfather, this moved me. I could not imagine my child or grandchild standing before me and me having to make a legal decision to send them into eternal damnation because they refused to repent! This reality hit me pretty hard! I do not want to miss an out any longer on opening my mouth to evangelize one of God's created beings whom He is drawing to Himself.
    We always "talk" about God creating divine appointments daily for us to witness to someone and NOW is the time to walk the talk and talk the walk! Individual lives are at stake including our own because I/wecdo not want to stand before God without a harvest of souls to present to Him.
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, January 08 2018, 10:47 PM - #Permalink
    The sudden insight and understanding I had durning Rev Connie's message was on #8 of the Prophetic Outlook. "The natural will have less and less power over you because you know the invisible is near." The first thing that came to mind as the "natural" here having less power was my own flesh. This year there will be more my spirit in union with the Holy Spirit telling my flesh what to do and not the other way around. Will my flesh end up being my complete and total slave this year? Well, probably not. Apostle Paul said he had some struggles with doing what he did not want to do right? (But some of what he says is hard to understand, and I don't want to distort it)

What also came to me at the same time was along the same lines of "Seek first the Kingdom" and Bishop's message about "Quit trying to quit sinning". In seeking after God and His light, the less impact my flesh and the world has over me.

Is an Epiphany a daily thing? No. Not for me anyways. I don't think it would stand out so much if it were. But I do think each epiphany we have does need to remembered each day. Because if we see it one day, and forget about it every day after that, what good is it?
  • Accepted Answer

Tuesday, January 09 2018, 08:36 AM - #Permalink
    ElderChristy
    It is great that God is "long suffering" , Not lomg ago God asked me if I was longsuffering regarding an issue I was working with having to do with people and their issues. He is so longsuffering! We continue the journey, but now that we aree self aware of the importance of Letting the Word Become Life in our lives, we can move forward faster. gresat post Elder Christy we have to stay dedicated as we go every minute every day.

Minister Ryan
    There we go "Long suffering" . DO we have the patience totake the time to witness to "EVery Creature" . the other thing I see minister Ryan is that we must have discernment as to where the creature is and what is our assignment that day. Are we sowing seed ? Are we watering? Are we gathereing the increase? That is why inviting them to BAM is so important. No matter where they are they need more Word. they willl get that at BAM !!

Nate Evans
    Epophany's can be witnessed daily as we practice having god in all decisions and thoughts that we have. This takes time and dedication but the thing to know is that God will give you what you can handlle.More inportantly He WILL give you what you are asking for and willing to do! You have the key. When I tell new believers what to do and expect I tell them it isn't what you quit doing that will change you. It is what you staert doing. Read your Bible, pray, fellowship with believers tell someone about what happened to you. Seek first the Kingdom of god and all of these things shall be added unto you. When these things are added , ither things go away!! Roll on with Jesus and keep discussing folks !
  • Accepted Answer

Tuesday, January 09 2018, 10:01 AM - #Permalink
    Min. Ryan, I totally agree with you on the need to tap into the heart of God. That which brings joy to God's heart (evangelism--souls saved), ought to bring joy to our heart. This morning as I was praying I realized that for so long, much of what I would say or do was to try and get a specific response from people in order to feel like I was successful in evangelizing. Yet real success is our obedience to do and say what God is saying to do and say---when we have His heart for people, that is what we will do, regardless of what they respond. Of course we want people to say YES, afterall we know how amazing it is to be in relationship with our Father---but not everyone will and yet if we have God's heart for people, it won't change what we do and say because we won't be able to stop ourselves from preaching the gospel to them. One thing that went right along with this in Rev. Connie's message was listening. I don't know about you Min. Ryan, but I need to become a much better listener, so I can be a much better minister and evangelist. I have found that I have talked way more than I have listened many times when out evangelizing, do you do that too?

Nate, I am so with you about the natural having less and less power over us. I keep thinking about how God says, "I'm in you, you're in Me". No matter what we face in our flesh, He is in us and helps us (when we let Him). What you said about being in union with the Spirit of God is so good because that really is understanding the invisible is near and we don't have to do what the natural says. I am seeing more and more evidence of this in my own life and every time I do, I rejoice and thank God that that thing that once had power no longer does. So your flesh can be your slave every day. Perhaps not every moment, but the beautiful thing is even if we give in to the flesh, we can make the choice to put it back in its place immediately.
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, January 10 2018, 06:02 PM - #Permalink
    Elser Christy
    Thank you for your responses! That is what I call Discussion!

Word Becoming life!!!
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, January 11 2018, 06:52 PM - #Permalink
    The Epiphany that I've had this week is that God is working and he's working at saving lives and when I'm interested in helping him save lives. I have the potential to see the miraculous of God working around me, in and even threw me. So instead of focusing on myself I'm challenging myself to focus on others not always an easy job or task but a possible one and a fruitful one. It's worthwhile to invest in what God is doing and opening my eyes to see what he's doing now to be aware of the fact that the spirit of God and the heart of God is truly available for each and everyone one of us everyday if we care enough to know about it and to be interested in it.
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, January 11 2018, 09:50 PM - #Permalink
    Pastor Aaron

It is really good because you have the perfect opportunity to focus on yourself. After all all you have on your plate no one would blame you if you focused on your self because of all you have to do. However, you have chosen to do what God does He doesn't focus on himself and He is quite busy!! Very Powerful!!!
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, January 12 2018, 12:52 AM - #Permalink
    Reality check!
    Rev. Connie asked a question, Are we doing the same works Yeshua did? I had to come to the reality that, No I'm not. We have been given the same authority Yeshua has and yet we don't use it. I know I haven't arrived and I needed to grab a hold of that reality. I love that Rev. Connie said is a journey and even though I'm not at the place I need to be, I can still get there. God is not done with me.

Another thing that stood out to me was, The joy of reaching the Lord's heart. I want and need to get to that place were His heart is my heart. His joy is my joy. The heart and joy to Evangelize is needed. Everyday is an gifted opportunity to Evangelize. Everyday is a gifted opportunity to get closer to God. Everyday is a gifted opportunity to share the testimony.
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, January 12 2018, 11:58 PM - #Permalink
    Stephanie Carter :)

Right ! We can still get there ! Thank You Lord You made a way through The Blood of Jesus. Getting to the place where Hiss heart is our heart. You have the key. If you can get the Word and find out who God is, Then you can find His heart. and then your heart will be easily shaoed like His because He made it that way. Love you and your family ! Kepp blogging the truth!
  • Accepted Answer

Saturday, January 13 2018, 12:06 PM - #Permalink
    Am I unwrapping everyday as if it was a gift?
    I believe God has a gift of an epiphany available to us for each day, if we look for it.
    Rev. Connie talked about reality vs. virtual reality... If I haven't grasped the reality of something, then it is still virtual reality to me. Maybe it's because I haven't chosen to unwrap that gift yet... And that on me. It's nobody else's fault.
    I had an epiphany from something that Rev. Connie said on Sunday. She said, "We are in a position to do everything Jesus did on the earth! We have been given the authority to do everything that Yeshua did on the earth. Are we doing it?"
    That provided me the opportunity to receive a clear grasp of reality of where I am at. A sudden realization of what I am actually doing in my life right now.... Is what I am doing in my life right now producing any fruit? Meaning, where are the sheep??? If there isn't any fruit evident from something I have learned yet, then I guess it's still just virtual reality for me. It also means I haven't actually "learned" it yet, I've only been "taught" about it. It's not life in my life yet!!! AHHH!!!
    This is the journey I am on to get me to the place where God wants me to be. I understand that God wants me to do a particular thing, but I guess I have not grasped the reality of HOW to execute it. Does anybody else experience that? Does anybody else feel a frustration when that happens? Because, I sure do. BUT, I was SO encouraged when I heard that this is far from over!
Your Reply

Login Form